Mobile Check Deposit FAQ
What is Wood & Huston's Mobile Check Deposit?
Wood & Huston Bank’s Mobile Check Deposit is a feature of Wood & Huston’s SmartMobileSM App that allows you to deposit paper checks using a qualified iPad®, iPhone ® or Android™ mobile phone.
With Mobile Check Deposit, you can securely deposit checks using your smartphone’s camera, skip the trip to the bank (if you want to), and make deposits on-the-go or after hours .
- Make deposits Anytime, Anywhere. Enjoy the convenience of making deposits 24-hours a day, even weekends and holidays.
- Recapture your day . Deposits received by 6 p.m. Central Time are processed that business day. Weekend or holiday deposits will be processed the next business day.
- Get money to the bank faster. Save time and avoid trips to the branch. Each deposit should take just a minute or two, depending on your mobile phone’s connection speed.
- Deposit with confidence . Multiple layers of security provide you with peace of mind that your deposit is being handled safely and securely
Sign, Snap, Submit Anytime, Anywhere woodhuston.com
Mobile Check Deposit is available to Wood & Huston customers who have:
1. A banking relationship with Wood & Huston Bank for at least 90 days
2. An active, funded Wood & Huston personal deposit account (checking, savings)
3. Wood & Huston accounts in good standing. For example:
- No more than 2 returned deposited items in the last 90 days
- No more than 1 negative account balance in the last 90 days
- No more than 2 returned items in the last 90 days
- No overuse of overdrafts or NSF items in the Bank's judgment
4. Downloaded and used the most current version of the SmartMobileSM App
Organization, Trust, Estate and StartFresh accounts do not qualify for this service.
In the SmartMobileSM App, select the Deposits icon. Choose deposit to account, enter the amount of the check, snap photos of the front and back of the endorsed check and submit the deposit. Sign your check as it is made payable to you and endorse the check " For Deposit Only ". You will be asked to verify your entries before completing your deposit. If your check is not endorsed properly, we cannot accept it through Mobile Check Deposit.
The Deposits icon will only be visible to eligible Wood & Huston Bank customers. If you meet all the eligibility requirements, please make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of the SmartMobileSM App that includes Mobile Check Deposit. For first-time SmartMobileSM App users who meet the
eligibility criteria it may take 1 to 3 business days for the Deposits icon to appear.
Mobile Check Deposit is supported on mobile devices that meet the following criteria:
- A qualified iPad® , iPhone® or Android™ mobile phone
- A 2MP or higher camera
- Apple iOS version 4.1 or higher
- Android OS 2.1.1 or higher
Mobile Check Deposit is a feature included in the most recent version of the SmartMobileSM App. You must have version 2.5.22 or higher of the SmartMobileSM app to use Mobile Check Deposit.
The following check types can be submitted using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Personal checks payable to you on a US bank in US dollars
- Business checks payable to you on a US bank in US dollars
The following check types should not be submitted using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Foreign checks
- Traveler’s checks
- Savings bonds
- Money orders
- Checks payable to anyone other than you
- Checks that are not legibly written. Our computer system “reads” your check and if it cannot, t he security system will not accept a check for Mobile Check Deposit
- Checks or items that are “stale dated” (6 months or older) or “postdated”
- Any item that is incomplete (i.e. missing the date, missing the payee, etc.)
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Any item that is stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark or other security mark
The Cutoff time for Mobile Check Deposits is 6 p.m. Central Time . Check deposits made using Mobile Check Deposit are subject to verification and will generally be available for withdrawal according to normal availability schedules. Be sure to deposit well before the Cutoff to ensure your deposited check has time to pass verifications before 6 p.m. CT. Deposits received on weekends, bank holidays and after Cutoff are processed on the following Business Day.
Mobile Check Deposit is a Free feature of SmartMobileSM . It doesn’t get much better than that!
Your mobile carrier may charge fees depending upon your individual plan.
You are not limited to the number of deposits you can make using Mobile Check Deposit. However, there are daily and monthly limits on the deposit dollar amounts that can be processed per user.
Mobile Check Deposit limits are generally $1,500 per day and $4,500 per month. However, amounts are adjusted based upon customer history and standing. Please contact us if you need to discuss these limits.
Once you have deposited the check successfully, you should keep the check in a safe place. Be very careful not to accidentally present your check a second time for deposit at the bank or another location.
Confirm your deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, reconcile your deposits to your monthly bank statement, and only then, shred the check and dispose of it safely.
- Make sure that all other apps running in the background are closed.
- Verify that the back of your check is signed (endorsed) and labeled “For Mobile Deposit Only”.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos.
- Keep the check within the on-screen corners when capturing your photos.
- Capture the photos of your check in a well-lit area.
- Place your check on a solid dark background before taking your photos.
- Keep your phone's camera flat and steady above the check when taking your photos.
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit.
- Make sure that the check amount entered matches the amount written on your check.